|PAST QUOTES OF THE "MONTH" (NOT NECESSARILY MONTHLY):
- "The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers ", Richard W. Hamming.
- "Victory belongs to the most persevering", Napoleon Bonaparte.
- "Long-term commitment to new learning and new philosophy is required of any management that seeks transformation. The timid and
the fainthearted, and the people that expect quick results, are doomed to disappointment", W. Edwards Deming.
- 3-4Q 2009: "Quality means doing it right when no one is looking", Henry Ford.
- 1-2Q 2009: "In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind", Louis Pasteur, 1854.
- 3-4Q 2008: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts", A. Einstein.
- 1-2Q 2008: “I think there's a great beauty to having problems. That's one of the ways we learn," Herbie Hancock.
- Nov/Dec. 2007: "Better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt”, Abraham Lincoln.
- Oct. 2007: "It is odd to think that there is a word for something which stritcly speaking does not exist, namely, rest", Max Born, The
- Aug. - Sept. 2007: "Choose a work that you love and you won’t have to work another day", Confucius.
- May-July 2007: “If income was directly proportional to technical proficiency and education, classical and jazz musicians would be some
of the most affluent people in the world”, Robert Coleman.
But there are also unknown unknowns", Donald Rumsfeld.
- April 2007:“As we know, there are known knowns...We also know there are known unknowns...
- 1Q 2007: “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future”, Yogi Berra.
- 4Q 2006: "In God we trust, all others bring data", Phil Zarrow, ITM Consulting.
- July / Sept.. 2006: "If your experiment needs statistics, then you ought to have done a better experiment", Ernest Rutherford
- May / June 06: "Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing", Wernher von Braun.
- April 06: "Success is the sum of details", Harvey S. Firestone.
- Feb./ March 06: "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people", Isaac Newton.
- Jan. 06: "One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever", Chinese proverb.
- Dec. 05: "In this house, we OBEY the laws of thermodynamics!", Homer Simpson.
- Nov. 05: "I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it;
but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind", Lord
- Oct. 05:"It is the weight, not numbers of experiments that is to be regarded", Isaac Newton.
- Sept. 05: "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication", Leonardo da Vinci
- August 05: "With three parameters, I can fit an elephant", Lord Kelvin